There are a few goals where I’m just changing how many times or how I’m counting it…
21. Use my daily happiness journal 3 times a week (0/52) (more info) – I changed this to be completed when I have done this for another year total.
28. Feature a musical artist a month (0/12) (more info) – I changed this to be completed when I have done it for a year total and I can feature an artist that isn’t new to me as long as I haven’t featured them before.
73. Volunteer 3 times (0/3) (more info) – A) I didn’t do this last year. B) I don’t like having time limits (learned my lesson on that one…)
77. Buy a stranger a meal/coffee 3 times (0/3) (more info) – Same as above.
82. Learn 100 new French words and 25 French idioms or phrases (50/100) (0/25) ( (more info) – Weekly goals just aren’t going to work for me. I’m allowing myself to count the words I previously learned, but I’m starting over with phrases and idioms.
83. Learn 100 new ASL signs (50/100) (more info) – Same as above.
95. Stop watching TV at 7pm 1 night a week (0/52) (more info) – I changed this to be completed when I have done this for another year total.
96. Take out my contacts 2 nights a week (0/52) (more info) – I changed this to be completed when I have done this for another year total.
100. Review/update this list at least once a month (0/24) (more info) – This is now a monthly goal instead of weekly.
01. from hike the Grand Canyon changed to complete 30 of Dee’s Springfield 365 challenges. (more info) – While I would like to visit the Grand Canyon still… I don’t think I need to hike it lol. My friend DeShanee is creating a blog that includes 365 things you can do in Springfield. I think it would be fun (and a challenge) to do a month’s worth of them.
10. from comment on someone else’s blog 3 times a week to guest post on another blog. (more info) – I really don’t need a goal for commenting. I tend to comment on no less than 10-15 blogs a day (thanks to book blogging). So another way to expand in the community is to guest post!
26. from complete 26 things photography challenge to design 5 new blog headers (more info) – I’m just not interested in the photography challenge anymore. I’d like to get back into blog design and this is a way to kick start the motivation again.
70. from make a geocache and hide it to buy new foundation makeup (more info) – I’m just plain not interested in geocaching anymore lol. I could use a new foundation… maybe something for summer… and I love buying makeup :)
71. from find 10 geocaches a year to go to a wine tasting (more info) – Again not interested in geocaching anymore. I haven’t been to a wine tasting in ages! I’ve been working every Saturday. I need an excuse to take a day off and enjoy some booze.
79. from be able to label a map of the US to complete 4 lessons on LiveMocha.com (more info) – Do I really need to know where all the states are?… This new goal will help me with my other language goals.
89. from play with Luna to apply to 3 jobs a week until you get a job you like (more info) – I play with Luna a lot, but it is very hard to keep track of due to it being short amounts of time all day. I REALLY, REALLY need to spend more time applying to jobs!
All the goals are now updated!
So I’ve past my one year mark… and I hate to say that I haven’t kept up with things like I wish I had. Overall it could have been much worse, but it’s time to get caught-up!
Things I want to accomplish to get the site back up and running:
- approve and reply to all comments
- fill out all new goals
- post about all completed goals
- post updates on all in-progress goals
- revamp the site look and set-up
36. Watch my Desert Island DVDs (0/8) (more info)
One of my “new” goals is to watch all 8 of my Desert Island DVDs. BIG THANKS to Fandango Groovers for putting this together and asking me to join!! I think this is going to be a hard one… only 8 movies to watch for the rest of my life?! (Please don’t make fun of my guilty pleasures!)
If I had to pick today… In no particular order:
1. Monty Python & the Holy Grail (1975) — a favorite of my dad’s that was passed on to my sister and I at a young age
2. Pretty Woman (1990) — a guilty pleasure that I used to watch as I fell asleep
3. Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers (2002) – my favorite of this series
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix (2007) — favorite of this series (although I prefer the books)
5. Beauty and the Beast (1991) — a childhood favorite that I still love
6. Finding Nemo (2003) — I’m not sure why I love this, but I do.
7. Underworld : Rise of the Lycans (2009) — my vamp movie pick (although I wish I could add the True Blood series)
8. Yes Man (2008) — I really loved this movie. Laughs and a good message.
What are your Desert Island DVDs?
23. Take a photography class changed to Make a purse or book bag (more info) — Aside from the fact that I’m unsure where I could even take a class near home, it would cost more than I’m willing to spend. I would like to try my hand at making a purse or a book bag for toting my million books to and from the library.
36. Go to a renaissance festival changed to watch my Desert Island DVDs (more info) — It’s not that I don’t want to go to a renaissance festival, but it doesn’t seem like a challenge or even something I want to do so badly I need a reminder. I’m participating in a Desert Island Movie post event in which I’ll talk about what movies I would take with me to watch for the rest of my life, so I’d like to actually watch all of these movies again. (Check out Fandango Groovers for more info!)
78. Be able to label a map of Africa change to Read two books about religion (more info) — I honestly don’t know why I wanted to label a map of Africa… However, I do want to learn more about other religions. So I’d like to read books about Buddhism, Hinduism, and other Eastern religions.
16. read 10 books off Times Top 100 changed to go to a book signing and get a book signed (more info) — I changed this because I hadn’t read one book of this list yet and it didn’t seem likely that I would want to start. I did, however, really enjoy going to see Seth Grahame-Smith and would like to do that more often
08. Keep up with My Day in Six Words blog changed to Keep a My Day in Six Words journal for six months (more info) — I changed this goal because I would have to go back and try to update my blog for last October and November which just didn’t seem likely to happen. I feel that the biggest reason I didn’t keep up with it was because I had to post it online and was using pictures.
31. Watch Arrested Development, Battlestar Galactica and Freaks & Geeks changed to Watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Sex & the City (more info) — I have very little desire to watch those shows. Also I didn’t realize how many seasons there were of BSG. I’ve been meaning to complete my BtVS and SATC sets anyway :)
46. Run a mile in under 8:30 changed to Complete a 90 min yoga practice on my own (more info) — I don’t really need two timed mile goals and the whole point of taking the class and working so hard on my practice is to be able to do it at home by myself.