Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
50. Try 2 new recipes a month (5/33)
58. Learn how to make 25 kinds of soup (4/25)
(I only completed one new recipe last month so I’ll have to do 3 this month to make up for it…)
Last Thursday for FTC we had Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup. It was easy to make and very, very good. Perfect for the gloomy weather we were having! Tara: 8.5/10 Shane: 8/10
2 chicken breasts
1/2 white (or red) onion
1 can diced Rotel tomatoes
1 tsp garlic
6.5 cups chicken broth
optional: cilantro, avocado
- Cook chicken how desired (grilled, baked…) and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Simmer veggies (onion, tomatoes, garlic) in pot until soft
- Add chicken to pot.
- Add chicken broth to pot.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed tortilla chips, cheese, cilantro, and avocado.