50. Try 2 new recipes a month (4/33) (more info)
This month went by waayyy to fast. Nothing like waiting until the last day to finish a monthly goal… These are super simple. So much so I almost feel bad counting them as a recipe, however, I wouldn’t have tried them otherwise and I’ve never made them before :) They ended up being a great snack. Tara 9/10
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 6 slices bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
I ended up also using:
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain, and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain, cool, and crumble.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds, and arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle a few crumbles of bacon onto each round, then top with some shredded Cheddar cheese. (I also used a little bit of butter and then sprinkled seasoning salt, garlic powder, and basil before added the cheese.)
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.