I was given my first blog award by the amazing Bookish Penguin! I love her blog! If you haven’t checked it out yet, I highly recommend you do:) I was given a MeMe award which means I have to share seven things with my readers that they might not know about me and then choose seven of my readers to pass the MeMe Award onto.
I think you can learn a lot about a person from their 101 list. Not just who they are, but who they want to be. So trying to find 7 interesting things that you don’t already know about me was difficult.
1. I will watch a Top Model marathon all day. I’m watching one as I write this. I have no idea why they are so addicting. I think some of it has to do with how normal (and sometimes ugly) the girls seem before they get in front of the camera. That and they are so fun to laugh at :)
2. My little sister is moving to New York in a couple days. She’s my best friend and although we haven’t lived in the same city in over 3 years, we’ve never been more than a car ride away (aside from her semester in France). I can’t think about her moving away without crying. I’m not really sure how to deal with it.
3. I’m a pack-rat. My parents recently sold their home and I had to clean out my bedroom. I couldn’t believe some of the crap I had kept over the years. I had bags of teen magazines, piles of school notebooks, and 6 trash bags of clothes to donate! Did I mention we only moved there 2 years before I left for college lol.
4. I already have my next tattoo planned. I almost always do. They are so addicting! I want to get “le temps n’est rien” which is French for “time is nothing”. A line from The Time Traveler’s Wife (I think it may even be the French title of the book).
5. I’ve been unemployed for 5 months now. I’m starting to go crazy. Not only does the job market suck, but we are trying to stay in central IL which drastically limits the number of sales jobs I can apply for.
6. I like to read books all at once. Front to back. Usually I finish them within a few days at the very longest. I get so emotionally connected with the characters that I need to know what happens to them. It’s not unusual for me to still be up reading when Shane gets up for work in the morning. If I take too big of a break I tend to not finish the book.
7. My Native American name as a child was Little Mouth that Runs like River. I’m only a quarter Cheyenne, but my sister and I loved to go to pow wows and learn about that part of our heritage. We were supposed to get new ones as adults, but never did. My dad still calls me Little Mouth. I have a tattoo that means “river” it partially represents my indian name and partially alludes to Siddhartha.
Well that wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be… Now for the fun part. Here are 7 bloggers that I want to know more about and I think you should take the time to visit:
1. Amanda at Redefinition Mission
2. Lora at Lora’s Randomness
3. Chere at Teasingly Diverse
4. Andy at Fandango Groovers
5. Rachie X at 101 in 1001 My Journey
6. Opicana at Opi’s Ramblings
7. Alex at Bluefox864’s 101 Achievements in 1001 Days