Red Pepper Soup
58. Learn how to make 25 kinds of soup (2/25) (more info)
This was an easy to make soup that made a good side dish for our chicken. Next time I’ll probably add more seasoning to give it a little more flavor. All in all, this is something I’ll be making again. Tara : 7.5/10 – Alex: 7/10
Makes 5 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 fluid ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the red bell pepper, onion and garlic in the saucepan and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour in the chicken broth, stirring well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. (I used a submersion blender and didn’t strain it and it worked out great)
- Run the soup through a strainer and return the liquid to the saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in the heavy cream and the ground black pepper and allow to heat through, about 5 to 10 minutes.