Zuppa Tuscana Soup
50. Try 2 new recipes a month (1/33) (more info)
58. Learn how to make 25 kinds of soup (1/25) (more info)
This was a stolen recipe from Olive Garden that was fairly simple to make and doesn’t have a ton of ingredients. It ended up tasting just like it does at the restaurant. We had Mom and Dad over for dinner and they both liked it as well. Shane : 8/10 – Tara : 9/10
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 1 lb ground Italian (turkey) sausage
- 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 large diced white onion
- 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
- ¼ of a bunch of kale
- Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. (We only used 1 tsp of red pepper) Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving.