Garlic Miso Soup
50. Try 2 new recipes a month (7/33)
58. Learn how to make 25 kinds of soup (5/25)
We made this for FTC (Finer Things Club) this Thursday and I will be making it again. Yum! It was very, very easy. The hardest part was finding miso in Springfield (Food Fantasies).
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup miso (used red miso)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 block tofu, any kind, sliced into small cubes (used extra firm)
- 3 scallions (green onions), sliced
Heat water and stir in miso, being careful that the water doesn’t boil. It should be just below the boiling point.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and allow to heat. Stir well, and serve. Makes 6 servings of vegetarian miso soup with garlic.