50. Try 2 new recipes a month (3/33) (more info)
I came across this recipe at SillyGrrl.com and had to try it! She substituted the nutmeg for cinnamon and said it tasted like snickerdoodles and I love snickerdoodles. These were SUPER easy to make and very very yummy!! Tara: 9/10 Alex: 7.5/10 Shane: /10
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk (used skim milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (used cinnamon)
2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
1/2 cup superfine sugar (can pulse regular sugar in food processor to make), or powdered sugar
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with vegetable oil or spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color. Add vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla to sugar mixute and combine.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Then pour into liquid mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.